Bar/Bat Mitzvah Program
Shabbat Audio Recordings
To assist in learning our Shabbat tunes, we have created a page with audio files of many of the parts of the Shabbat service.
B'nai Mitzvah Beit Café
Come enjoy coffee talk with other Bar/Bat mitzvah parents, learn from each other, and experience the journey together. Don't miss this opportunity to discuss your most pressing Bar/Bat Mitzvah topics, and have all your questions answered by Cantor Vogel and our Bar/Bat Mitzvah Coordinator.
Every Bar/Bat Mitzvah family is welcome to participate in all Tikkun Olam activities. Participation in any of these events will count towards fulfilling the mandatory 10 hour mitzvah project requirement for all Bar/Bat Mitzvah students. Please contact the Coordinator.
Sukkah Decorating At Saunders House
Join us for an intergenerational partnership activity with the Har Zion Temple Tikkun Olam Committee. Help create and hang decorations for the sukkah at the Saunders House senior care center. [Campus of Lankenau Hospital, 100 Lancaster Ave, Wynnewood]
Play, Laugh & Grow with the Children of Help Philadelphia
Play games and socialize with the children living at this transitional housing center for young women and their children. Help Philadelphia assists homeless families by providing transitional housing and services to help them achieve self-sufficiency.
Philadelphia Reads Book-Drive on Martin Luther King Day of Service
The Bar/Bat Mitzvah Program will be assisting with a Philadelphia Reads Book Collection. Help sort new and gently used books and truly make a difference in a child's life!
Volunteer at Pennypack Farm
Pennypack Farm Education Center for Sustainable Food Systems is a charitable, nonprofit educational organization dedicated to increasing public understanding of the health, economic, ecological and social issues involved in sustainable local food systems. Take a tour of the farm, learn about sustainable food systems, and gain some firsthand experience with organic farming and gardening.
Pet Guardian Education & Animal Advocacy Services
B'nai Mitzvah Student Chapter
PGE&AAS works to educate people about the various dimensions of the relationship between humans and animals. In addition, PGE&AAS engages in advocacy activities that provide animals with a higher quality of life (i.e. rescue, boarding, and adoption).
By joining PGE&AAS students will:
- Learn about and express the Jewish value of tza'ar ba'alay chayim-being kind to animals.
- Attend interactive and educational monthly meetings which help cultivate a deeper appreciation of and closer relationship with the animals in their lives.
- Receive email updates about the animals currently being rescued by PGE&AAS and how they can help.
- Have the opportunity to foster an animal (optional).
- Assist with pet conferences throughout the year.
- Organize a fundraiser for MLK Day of Service.
- Visit and tour the dog-training center, meet with therapy and champion dogs, for a chance to learn training techniques, and participate in a few training exercises.